GT After-school Literature
Award-winning Literature Books
For the school year 2019-2020, go buy 3 books before 9/3 if your child is signed up for Reading class for the full school year.
You don't need to buy a new one if you have these books, even in slight different year or version.
Paperback is recommended.
1st book for 9/3 - 11/27
2nd book for 12/2 - 3/6
3rd book for 3/9 - 6/15
1. Charlotte's Web by E. B White and Garth Williams and
Webster's Dictionary for Students
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl and Quentin Blake
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Esperanza Rising (Scholastic Gold) by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia) by C. S. Lewis and Pauline Baynes
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- Holes by Sachar, Louis (2000) Paperback by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Chains (The Seeds of America Trilogy) by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Charles Dickens
- Great Expectations (Penguin Classics) by Daniel Defoe
- Robinson Crusoe by Charles Dickens
- A Tale of Two Cities by Roald Dahl and Quentin Blake