Mathematics Instructor Application
We are seeking talented and hungry and Mathematics instructors that seek a meaningful opportunity to contribute to future generations outside of their full time day jobs.
Our ideal candidate holds a stable full time job, but is hungry to make a difference in students' lives outside of their normal work hours. This role is meant to be an interesting part-time job that yields additional long term stable income and a chance to impart knowledge to some extremely gifted students outside of your normal circle. In other words, we are seeking a long term partner that will grow together with our students that will drive our core offerings such as our after school and summer camp programs.
A successful instructor-student feedback loop involves much more than merely correcting superficial mistakes and offering guidance. Although mechanics are undeniably important, an instructor's personal influence should be imparted that encourages, inspires, and motivates our students to succeed in ways that are impossible for them (and you) to attain in a day school classroom environment.
If you possess the following characteristics, we should speak:
- You love math.
- You are gainfully employed as an instructor, academic, or related profession in your day job. Or, you are a graduate student or teaching fellow.
- You feel that your day job is not entirely fulfilling, and you wish to make a difference outside of your normal schedule.
- You are able to easily transport yourself to Rockville, Germantown, Gaithursburg, or Howard County.
- You graduated with a liberal arts or hard sciences degree from an accredited American university.
- You possess extreme confidence in your abilities.
- You are an articulate and effective communicator.
- You value reliability and accountability in being present, as well as an ability to grade assignments and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- You desire a rewarding, enriching, and stable partnership with a 21 year old education institution that has influenced thousands of students over the years.
To apply, send a resume and optional cover letter explaining your interest in our role.